Check out what we are doing to help combat climate change! Kôr’s first homes are part of The Environmental Center’s Solar and Green Tour this year – both virtually and live. Live tours of the cottages under construction will be held on Saturday, September 26th from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Tours will be done in small groups and face coverings are required. Please sign up for a tour time at Accelevents. Visit The Environmental Center’s Website to sign up for other events and learn more about this year’s tour.
Kôr has been working to break down barriers that prevent equity and diversity on our governing board. We are proud to have just adopted an Equitable Board Member Reimbursement Program (link to PDF)
that provides low-income individuals reimbursement for expenses that accompany board service. This fund was made possible by the Central Oregon Health Council’s Stable Housing Workgroup.
We continue our ongoing work to make homeownership in the Bend area more equitable. In this process, we always welcome your input and feedback.
We have a bit of clean-up to do at our new 8th Street project. Help us take advantage of Knott Landfill’s Fire Free days and sign up for a one-hour shift between 10 am and 2 pm, Saturday, May 23! To maintain (at least) 6-foot physical distancing, we will have only 4 persons working on the half-acre site at a time. Please bring your own work gloves, mask if desired, and any rake or other tool you might prefer for picking up pine needles. We will have some tools, and also will provide hand sanitizer, hand wipes, and trash bags. We would normally provide coffee and water, but in the spirit of everyone not touching the same spigot, please bring your own water bottle and beverage. Thank you!
Your imagination—and inspiration—are needed to name our second Kôr community!
The property’s Orchard District history lives in the fruit trees still standing. We will build the community mindfully, fusing Bend’s farming and ranching past with innovative energy-saving technologies to create a community that honors our roots, yet moves us forward into the future.
We are holding a contest to name this cottage community. To submit your entry, go to https://forms.gle/PXgcSiEgHNGYkiTr6
Deadline for entries is May 31, 2020; winner receives a $25 gift certificate to Global Fusion generously donated by Chef Bethlyn Rider.
Support permanently affordable, environmentally sustainable housing through our…
Thursday, April 9 – Friday, May 29, 2020
Unfortunately, we had to cancel our annual fundraising dinner due to COVID-19.
Fortunately, we’d already received generous raffle and silent auction items.
In the spirit of environmental sustainability that informs all we do,
we’re re-purposing those items via an Online Raffle.
Here’s how it works:
- Every two weeks, beginning Thursday, April 9 (when we would have held the dinner), we’ll post a raffle item on our Facebook page
- To enter the drawing, go to https://korlandtrust.org/support-kor/ and donate $10 or more; $10 enters you once, $20 enters you twice, and so on
- We’ll draw a name at the end of those two weeks and will post the winner on our website and Facebook page (we’ll also notify the winner directly by email)
- We’ll then post another raffle item, for a chance to win up to four items in the coming two months
Our Online Raffle goal is to raise $5,000 to help replace unrestricted gifts
that would have been made at the dinner.
Our first raffle is for a $50 gift certificate to Salutè
The certificate can be redeemed when COVID-19 restrictions are lifted and
our local businesses will be in need of our patronage.
Our sincere gratitude to all of you for supporting Kôr!
Special thanks to those who contributed sponsorships or table purchases.
Kôr Community Land Trust is recruiting board members. We specifically would like to find members to round out our collaborative team attributes in one or more of the following areas:
- Finance (board treasurer)
- Land use or real estate law
- Marketing and outreach
- Diversity Equity and Inclusion
- Representation from the populations our program serves
- And many more!
If you are interested in sustainability AND attainable stable housing, and want to make a difference in our community, please contact our governance committee chair, Laura Fritz, firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find us at the upcoming Volunteer CO Board Fair on Wednesday,March 4, 2020, 4:00–5:30 p.m. It will be held at Deschutes Brewery Pub, 2nd Floor 1044 NW Bond Street, Bend.
Join us for an evening of celebration and fundraising for our mission. The event will be held at Broken Top golf club and restaurant on May 21st from 5:30-9:00 pm. It includes dinner, drinks, and a sure-to-please silent auction. The evening will also feature live music, complimentary wine and a cash bar, as well as an opportunity to learn more about Kôr. Tickets can be purchases through Accelevents or by emailing us – email@example.com.
- Individual tickets – $90 – Includes dinner and two-glasses of wine.
- Full table ticket – $720 – Includes dinner and wine for a table of 8.
- Full table sponsorship package – $1,000 – Includes dinner and wine for a table of 8. The sponsoring company can hang their banner at the event and will be recognized in all promotions.
- VIP sponsor ticket – $500 – Includes dinner and wine for a party of 2. The sponsoring company will be featured at the event, can hang their banner, and will be recognized in all promotions.
- Sponsor a home recipient ticket – $90 – We have invited our home recipients to the dinner. If you would like to sponsor one or more tickets, please add this to your cart when you check out.
Would you like to be part of a grassroots nonprofit team that will make a difference in the Bend area? We are searching for a part-time Fund Development Manager. This position has the potential to grow with the organization. Check out the job description to learn more. All interest can be directed to Amy Warren – firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before January 24th, 2020.
Our fundraising consultant said “Do a friend-raiser!” “What is that?” we asked – and you may be asking the same question. Well, Friend-raisers are an opportunity to learn about, and explore giving to, a nonprofit.
We will be holding Kôr’s first friend-raiser at one of our favorite restaurants, Cafe Sintra. The event will be the first Friday of October from 4:30-6:30 and will feature a wine tasting, tapas, live music and some great Kôr-style fun. Click here for more information. If you are already a supporter of Kôr and want to share the love with your friends, email us at email@example.com for tickets.